REEFER Maintenance | How To
Here’s a step-by-step guide (also available as a video) on how to replace the O-rings in your REEFER aquarium:
Before replacing the O-rings in your REEFER aquarium, you will need to order the “R42187 Sump pipe connector O-ring set” from your local Red Sea dealer.
Once you have the set, you may begin:
1. Switch off all pumps in the system.
2. Remove the outer downflow pipe.
3. Siphon out the water from the overflow box.
4. Remove the sump overflow pipe.
5. Remove the valve-down pipe.
6. Slightly turn the pipe counter-clockwise to release the water in the overflow box. Use an empty container to collect the water.
7. Once all water has been drained, return to the top of the overflow box and continue to turn the pipes counter-clockwise, then gently remove them.
And now we will replace the O-rings:
8. First, thoroughly clean and dry the removed pipes.
9. Remove the old O-ring from each pipe.
10. Place a new O-ring from the new set on each pipe, based on their matching sizes
We will now re-install the pipes in the aquarium:
11. Re-install the two downflow pipes in the overflow box by gently turning them clockwise.
12. Return to the sump area and tighten both downflow pipes by turning them clockwise until you feel a few clicks, indicating that the pipes are now securely locked into the base of the overflow box. DO NOT over-tighten.
13. Re-install the sump overflow and valve-down pipes in the sump area
14. Re-install the outer downflow pipe into the overflow box.
15. Replenish the salt water in the overflow box.
16. Turn on all pumps in the system.
And there you have it! the REEFER O-ring replacement is now completed.
Watch the video presentation: